Breastfeeding Class -Silver Spring - Weeknight (1/3)
Time & Location
About The Event
While breastfeeding is a natural process, there are many facets to learning how to have a good milk supply and to preventing difficulties. Staffing issues in the hospital limit how much time can be spent providing individual instruction so prepare yourself to succeed.
Ideally, this should be completed a month before your due date. Register early— they fill fast!!
Partners rave about how much they have learned and suggest it as a MUST for all parents-to-be. Bring a doll or stuffed animal for practice (no nudity involved.)
- Benefits of breastfeeding for infant and mother
- Learning to latch
- Making enough milk
- Evaluating if the baby is getting enough
- Preventing sore nipples and engorgement
- Partner’s role
- When to introduce a bottle/pacifier
- Returning to work
- Pumping and storing milk
- Non-refundable class deposit$75$750$0