This is a one day, weekend class held on Saturdays from 9:30 am - 5:30 pm.
The $60.00 registration fee is per couple. There will be an additional $105.00 due to the teacher on the first day of class.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable but transferable to another class.
Insurance Reimbursement is often available with a class receipt.
Military Discounts are available. Contact your instructor for details.
Springfield, VA - Lamaze Class - Weekend 1-Day
The goal of the course is to provide a balanced approach, combining the benefits of Lamaze with medical practices, if needed, to enable mom to enjoy a positive birth experience.
The class will cover:
- Common pregnancy and birth concerns
- Pregnancy exercise and relaxation techniques
- Picking a care provider and place of birth
- Fear & Pain – let’s address it & look at the facts
- The benefits of different kinds of birth (non-medicated, medicated, induction, cesarean)
- The natural process of birth
- Coping strategies and the role of a partner
- The role of interventions
- How to make informed decisions about interventions
- Birthing positions
- The gentle cesarean
- After the birth: what to keep in mind - healing, caring for baby, and breastfeeding
- What happens in postpartum to your body and mind
- Partner’s postpartum role and other support
- Problem-solving common fears in postpartum
- Review of birth plan and role play of possible situations
Registrants for this class also receive handouts, a workbook, and complimentary review videos to watch at home!